Simple Introduction to Manage Recycle Bin
Summary: Recycle Bin, also known as the Trash, is a place where deleted files are temporarily stored in Microsoft Windows. These deleted files are not permanently erased from the file system yet. A recycle bin allows the user to browse or recover deleted files, so when users delete files or folders accidentally, they can still find them on the recycle bin.
In Windows Explorer, there are many ways that files can be moved to the Trash:
- Right-clicking on a file and clicking the delete button.
- Dragging the file into the Recycle Bin.
- Selecting the file and then pressing Ctrl+D
A way to delete a file bypass the Recycle Bin is to press the Shift + Delete key in the same time.
Table of Contents
General Tips on the Recycle Bin
Where’s the Recycle Bin in Windows 10?
Generally, you should find the Recycle Bin on the top-left corner of the Desktop, where all the deleted files store temporarily. According to the changes of the Recycle Bin icon, you can identify whether it’s empty or not.
Though there is a Recycle Bin in each hard drive, all the deleted files are displayed in one folder on the Desktop. Here, we will walk you through various ways to retrieve deleted files from the Recycle Bin, and you can keep reading.
How to Conceal Recycle Bin in Windows 10
The easiest way to hide the Recycle Bin in Windows 10 is to hide all the desktop icons.
- Right-click an empty area of the Desktop.
- Access View from the menu.
- Unclick the “Show desktop icons” option.
How to Recover Recycle Bin in Windows 10
If the Recycle Bin is invisible from the Desktop, you can bring it back quickly, just as restoring any other standard icons.
NOTE: If you still can’t bring back the Recycle Bin icon, ensure that the device is not in Tablet Mode. That is because if the Desktop icons are not displayed on the Windows 10 device when they are in Tablet Mode.
How to Empty the Recycle Bin in Windows 10
- In the Trash, select the files that you want to delete permanently, press the Delete button or use Ctrl + D.
- Right-click the file and click Delete.
- Right-click any Recycle Bin folder, and then click “Empty Recycle Bin” from the contextual menu.
Effortlessly Recover Deleted Files from the Recycle Bin
Situation 1: Recycle Bin hasn’t been emptied
When files are still on the Recycle Bin, users can quickly get them back followed by this way: Right-click on the data that you desired to recover and select the “Restore.”
Situation 2: Recycle Bin has been emptied
When files have been permanently deleted from the Trash, it’s impossible to restore them directly from the Recycle Bin. In this case, choosing data recovery tools is an excellent choice.
- Get the Bitwar Data Recovery software and install it on your PC.
- There are two ways to recover the files with this software. One is to use the Wizard Mode, choose the “Recycle Bin“. The other is to refer to the Standard Mode, select “Recycle Bin Recovery“.
- Choose “Quick Scan” to recover your files.
- Preview and recover the files.
Wind it Up!
Collectively, Recycle Bin is temporary storage where users can find deleted or removed files or folders. This article makes an overview of the Recycle Bin, through which users may have a deeper understanding of it.
Previous ArticleBrief Introduction to Wireless USB Summary: Recycle Bin, also known as the Trash, is a place where deleted files are temporarily stored in Microsoft Windows....
Next ArticleWhat Is Computer Fan And How To Install? Summary: Recycle Bin, also known as the Trash, is a place where deleted files are temporarily stored in Microsoft Windows....
About Bitwar Data Recovery
3 Steps to get back 500+ kinds of deleted, formatted or lost documents, photos, videos, audios, archive files from various data loss scenarios.Learn More