What is Mini USB?
Summary: Mini USB (Mini Universal Serial Bus), made of coaxial cable, is a USB interface standard which is designed for transferring data between PC and digital mobile devices. It is a type of USB cable and port and also known as a USB 1.0 connector or Type B USB cable.
Mini USB hit the scene in the early 2000s and works in the same way as regular USB cables. With an anvil-shaped five-pin connector, Mini USB cable changed the physical form factor, which is half the width of USB-A. It is twice as thick as Micro USB but smaller than USB Type-A and B. It is widely used in among smaller devices, such as MP3 players, cameras, etc.
There are three types of Mini USB: type-A, type-B, and type-AB.
- It is Superseded byType-B micro and USB Type-B Mini connectors.
- It allows On-The-Go (OTG) peripheral devices, like tablets and smartphones, to function as host devices for mice and keyboards.
- It is Used by USB 1.1 and 2.0.
- It can be found in digital cameras, USB hubs, external hard drives, and other equipment.
- It is made obsolete for USB On-The-Go
Mini USB vs. Micro USB
1. Mini USB
- The size of a Mini USB is approximately 3 x 7 mm.
- It has 5,000 cycle life.
- It plays the roles in transferring or storing data.
- It is less durable and not mobile-friendly.
2. Micro USB
- The Micro USB is smaller than Mini USB, which has an approximate size of 6.85 x 1.8 mm. (Yes, the smallest type of the USB connector!)
- It has a 10,000 cycle life.
- It also can be used as a charger connector.
- It is more durable and mobile-friendly.
The Mini USB can be applied in various devices and applications.
- It can be used for transferring data between PC and kinds of mobile devices.
- It can connect mobile devices, such as cameras, mobile phones, MP3 players, etc.
- The connection of Mini USB allows data to be read without a computer.
Though Mini-USB was popular, on new devices as of 2013, it has generally been replaced by Micro-USB. There are almost no new devices that include the Mini size connector.
Previous ArticleWhat’s New in Bitwar Text Scanner V1.5.0 Summary: Mini USB (Mini Universal Serial Bus), made of coaxial cable, is a USB interface standard which is designed for transferring data between PC...
Next ArticleGet Started the Bitwar Android Data Recovery Summary: Mini USB (Mini Universal Serial Bus), made of coaxial cable, is a USB interface standard which is designed for transferring data between PC...
About Bitwar Data Recovery
3 Steps to get back 500+ kinds of deleted, formatted or lost documents, photos, videos, audios, archive files from various data loss scenarios.Learn More