Tips For Fixing Computer Power Button Not Working
Overview Power Button not Working on PC
The power button on a computer is an essential component. When you press it, it turns on your machine, loading the Windows operating system to the desktop so you can do something. However, sometimes you will find that nothing happens when you press the button. So what should you do to make the power button workable on a PC?
There are many reasons why the PC power button does not work, such as the power cable, dirty or power supply button, faulty PSU, etc.
If you do encounter such an issue, do not worry, we have listed the solutions for your reference. Just follow the troubleshooting tips below.
Solutions to Fix PC Power Button Not Working
Solution 1: Check your power supply
The Power Supply Unit (PSU) is an important part of the computer and is responsible for converting the mains AC power to low voltage regulated DC power.
Solution 2: Clean the power button
If debris gets into the power button, it may stop working. What you need to do is clean this button. Special tools and expertise are required, if you don’t know how to do it, ask an expert for help.
- Remove the side panel, front bezel, and top cover of the computer.
- Spray contact cleaner on the power button.
Solution 3: Turn on the computer manually without the power button
When you encounter the PC power button not working, you can try another method to turn on the computer – through the motherboard.
- Locate the power switch pins on the motherboard.
- When connecting the PC to the power source, use a conductive tool to touch these pins together.
- The motherboard can receive the power signal from this computer and it can boot.
- You can shut down the PC by touching these pins again.
Solution 3: Change the power button
When you encounter the problem that the power button of the computer is not working, you can replace the power button and see if it can help you.
- Disconnect the PC power button connector from the motherboard.
- Use a screwdriver to remove the plastic panel from the case.
- Remove the power switch from the power button on the front panel. If it is difficult to remove the switch, the seal will need to be forcibly broken.
- Buy a new power button and install it on your PC.
Facing the issue of the power button not working on a PC is very common, by using the above-mentioned ways, you can easily fix the power button not working issue, hope they help you really.
Previous ArticleRecover Lost Data In CF Cards Using Best Data Recovery Software Summary: The PC power button not working is a common problem when turning on the machine. What should you do...
Next ArticleFixed: External Hard Drive Can Not Eject From Windows 10 Summary: The PC power button not working is a common problem when turning on the machine. What should you do...
About Bitwar Data Recovery
3 Steps to get back 500+ kinds of deleted, formatted or lost documents, photos, videos, audios, archive files from various data loss scenarios.Learn More