How To Clear A Flash Drive In Windows 10
Generally, users may manually delete all the files if they want to clear a flash drive in Windows, but this method takes a lot of time. There is another easier method to clear a flash drive: formatting the drive. Formatting can more thoroughly clean up hidden files in the hard drive.
Steps to Clear a Flash Drive
- Plug the flash drive into your PC and double-click This PC on your desktop.
- Find and right-click your flash drive, then choose Format… in the appearing drop-down menu.
- In the Format window, check the box of Qucik Format and tap the Start button.
- Then a warning will appear to let you know that all data on the drive will be erased, just click OK. Windows will remove all of the data from your flash drive.
- Finally, you’ll see a message saying Format Complete once the drive is cleared.
Formatting also can solve other problems in external storage devices, such as bad track, the computer can not recognize, etc. So if you need to clear a flash drive or format your flash drive, just follow the above steps, and don’t forget to back up the data!
Previous Article2022 Solved: Spotify Skipping Issue Summary: When all files of a flash drive are no longer needed, users may want to clear everything off them....
Next ArticleHow To Recover Deleted Files From Google Drive Summary: When all files of a flash drive are no longer needed, users may want to clear everything off them....
About Bitwar Data Recovery
3 Steps to get back 500+ kinds of deleted, formatted or lost documents, photos, videos, audios, archive files from various data loss scenarios.Learn More