What is SD Card
Resumo: SD card (Secure Digital), developed by the SD Card Association (SDA), is a proprietary non-volatile memory card format used in portable devices. Despite the small size and weight, it has a high storage capacity.
SD card includes five card families: the original Standard-Capacity (SDSC), the High-Capacity (SDHC), the eXtended-Capacity (SDXC), the Ultra-Capacity (SDUC), and the SDIO. They can be used in three different sizes: the original size, the mini size, and the micro size.
- SD (SDSC):The second-generation Secure Digital card was developed to improve on the MultiMediaCard (MMC) standard. It evolved continuously in a different direction.
- SDHC:Announced in January 2006, and as of version 2.0 of the SD specification, it supports capacities up to 32 GiB for SD cards.
- SDXC:Announced in January 2009, and as of version 3.01 of the SD specification, it supports up to 2 TiB capacity for SD cards. It is mandatorily adapted to Microsoft’s exFAT file system.
- SDUC:Announced in June 2018, and as the version 7.0 of SD specification, it supports up to 128 TiB capacity and offers up to 985 MB/s speed.
Comparison of SD card capacity standards
The read and write speeds of different SD cards vary. The chart lists the comparison of SD card bus speeds:
The newer SD cards improve their card speed by increasing the bus rate. In line with a higher speed rating, it ensures the limitation of the card to use the “busy” sign.
Advantages VS Disadvantages
- Increased Storage
- Removable & Portable
- Reduce Memory Consumption
- Require Little Power
- Easily Accessed
- Non-volatile Memory
- Physically fragile
- Finite read/write Cycles
- Slower than primary Memory
- Apps disappear after removing it
Common SD Card Issues
Here, we will list out some common SD card issues in daily work, and you can click the link to read the methods to issues:
- SD card does not show up on the computer.
- SD card keeps deleting files by itself.
- SD card is blank or has unsupported file system.
- The data on the SD card has been corrupted, deleted or lost.
SD Card Protection—Data Recovery
Some SD cards can protect against water, shock, and x-rays. Besides, compared with standard cards, some can endure more extreme temperatures. However, data loss on the SD card is unavoidable.
If an SD card meets the following scenarios: logical errors, mistakenly deleted, unexpectedly formatted, virus attack, etc., reliable software de recuperação de dados is necessary.
Recuperação de Dados Bitwar is a professional and effective data recovery software that can recover nearly many files in many different situations. It has helped many users recover videos,photos, and so on from SD cards. Also, this software offers a 30-day free trial without space limitations.
Steps to Recover Data on SD Card
Passo 1: DownloadRecuperação de Dados Bitwar and install it on a PC.
Passo 2: Selecione oscartão SD where data is lost.
etapa 3: Select a modo de digitalizaçãoetipo de arquivo.
Passo 4: Visualize oresulterecuperar the data.
In the end, an SD card is one of the best external devices for users to store data or documents instead of using a heavier external device such as a hard drive. Moreover, the SD card is more efficient and takes up much smaller spaces when storing the smaller size of documents.
Besides, it comes with different sizes of Memory and design, which best suits the need of users based on the different situations and requirements during data storing.
Artigo AnteriorWhat’s New in Bitwar HEIC Converter V1.0.1 Summary: SD card (Secure Digital), developed by the SD Card Association (SDA), is a proprietary non-volatile memory card format used in portable devices. Despite...
Artigo seguinteUma breve introdução a um vlog Summary: SD card (Secure Digital), developed by the SD Card Association (SDA), is a proprietary non-volatile memory card format used in portable devices. Despite...
Sobre a recuperação de dados Bitwar
3 etapas para recuperar mais de 500 tipos de documentos, fotos, vídeos, áudios e arquivos excluídos, formatados ou perdidos de vários cenários de perda de dados.Saber mais